Seems there is a need to encouraged marketers to remain focused through the economic downturn and continue to market and promote products and services during 2009 as Alterian (LSE: ALN), a leading international integrated marketing platform provider, did. On the basis of Alterian observation the trends and patterns were followed throughout 2008 and also from feedback from company executives’ interactions with customers.
According to the SOURCEWIRE, Alterian CEO David Eldridge said: “In previous downturns the firms that have continued to market and sell themselves have generally prospered, so businesses should bear this in mind and get every last drop of value from their budgets. 2009 will be a pressurised year for marketers, with every dollar, pound or euro needing to be accounted for. This will mean a renewed focus for marketing departments, and programmes that aren’t working or delivering will be cut.”
The other prediction made by Alterian is making more effective use of the channels, such as company websites.
David Eldridge continued: “Companies are only paying lip service to the idea of ‘interacting not interrupting’ and are yet to optimise engagement on the web based on what they know about the visitors. In fact many organisations still treat the website as a stand alone channel, so they are not being engaging or relevant. The technology is available for companies to genuinely engage with their customers and deliver them real value and with the economy the way it is, surely this is something every firm should be considering?”
It is interesting to look through the prediction list, in order to be more innovative, use technology to make marketing more effective:
Marketing: the Year Ahead - Ten Predictions for 2009
1) Smart organisations will continue to market throughout the downturn
2) Marketing activities will be increasingly under the microscope and marketers will now be held accountable for their success or failure
3) Marketers will turn to their website as the single most important and flexible lead generation and customer engagement channel. The sooner they understand this, the better
4) Marketing programmes that don’t show a return quickly are not going to make it this year
5) Mobile marketing has had a tough 2008….so 2009 will be a make or break year
6) Marketers will act on a need to get more value from their existing CRM systems
7) It's not about just creating content for the people it's about getting content to the people - meaning multi channel, social networks and consistent marketing
8) Companies will shift focus toward increasing revenue from current customers
9) Digital media and social networks will continue to provide cost effective delivery channels for customer messaging, but will be most effective when integrated with other marketing channels and analytically led
10) With tight budgets it will increasingly fall to marketers rather than IT staff to drive marketing technology, this will change the buying process for such systems and favour suppliers that have marketer friendly software
The Blogvasion.com Family of Blogs offers you an affordable and effective Internet advertising programs. Currently the Blogvasion.com family...
Once EE launches the first 4G service in the UK the online gaming industry is expecting to see a huge boost in the number of people accessi...
A former prisoner of the Pentridge Prison, Melbourne, Australia, decided to buy his own jail cell, where he had spent several years for frau...
Have you ever asked yourself and then Google search, how many websites are there in the world? I did this morning. And the number is really ...
When shopping for phone or tablet consumers will have a variety of choices that would determine which brand which model they will choose....
Pilar Stofega, a 34-year old resident of Waterford, Connecticut, was charged with the attempt to destroy her ex-lover’s marriage by using in...
Corporate Telecommunications presents the service that gives the users opportunity to diagnose their headsets: who is using which headset, w...
No need for traveling to the North Pole to inform Santa about the wishes you have, no need to send a letter, and no need to ... But just onl...
It is hardly imaginable to be a parent and have no concerns about the influences that environment has over youngster. In a highly competitiv...
Japanese business etiquette is the subject of entire books - mostly written by people who have not been to Japan since the 1970s and want u...
In the previous post I wrote about traditional Christmas dinner in different countries. Now I have added more countries' Christmas dinne...
Recently the UK researchers browsed the various legislations in search of the most ludicrous laws. The results were submitted to polling. He...
Men and women-universal topic to discuss, it is something like timeless, always in fashion, source of never ending discussions. Google count...