So, what can we do with ABBYY FotoReader? We can convert photos into Microsoft Word, PDF and other computer files, click few times and re-use texts from photos; Create PDF files from photos; click on an icon “Convert to Microsoft Word” or “Convert to PDF” and receive the resulting document; use FotoReader without leaving Microsoft Word. As for the Outlook button, it can convert a photo and send the results directly as an e-mail attachment.
As noted at SoftwareParadise, among the benefits of the service are:
• Prepare research projects – Photograph book pages instead of making copies.
• Remember information from important meetings – Photograph slides and documents instead of taking notes.
• Note information while travelling – Capture text on travel schedules, signs or billboards.
• Store business cards – Create a searchable PDF file instead of stacks of cards.
• Collect any printed data on the go – Simply photograph any interesting text like museum signs or shop’s opening hours.